For anyone who didn't hear about our lucky New Year's trip here's the story. Mike signed up for a contest in November for Huntington Bank. The contest was a four day trip to Miami (airfare and hotel included) to watch the Bengals play the Dolphins (transportation, tailgating, and tickets included.) When he told me he signed up, I will admit that I made fun of him and asked him if he really thought he had any chance to win a contest through a bank that we don't even bank with. He called me the week before Christmas and after I pulled my foot out of my mouth I think I apologized for poking fun at him. Turns out we made sure Connor was well taken care of and headed to Miami. We got to the hotel Saturday night and met with the woman who was taking care of our game day package. We were suppose to meet a Dolphin player/coach while we were meeting with her, but she said that Bill Parcells just left the bar! Sunday we met the group at 1030 and had a blast tailgating and watching the game! We met some of the cheerleaders and Mike was able to get their autographs for Connor and an alumni player too. I couldn't believe how nice the Dolphin fans were, but I guess they don't have too much to brag about like us! Monday Mike went golfing while I caught up on some sleep, then we went to the beach and hung out for a while. I never would have thought I would be walking in sand in 85 degree weather on New Year's Eve. We laid low that night and did a little shopping with the money they gave us to spend! Although the flight back was really rough, the trip was awesome and we still can't believe how lucky we (or as Mike would correct me - he) was to win!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment